Latvijas Dabas fonds
Världsnaturfonden WWF (WWF Sweden)
|Project Contact Information|
Dzirnavu iela 73-2, Rīga, LV-1011
|Project Home Page|
Overall goal of the Agri-eutro project is to evaluate and demonstrate effectiveness of methods for minimization of the nutrient run-off from the agricultural sector and to disseminate experiences on different water quality improvement measures that can be used in agriculture. The goal will be reached both via creation of model demonstrations in selected farms, as well as summarizing the experiences of this project and similar projects in an informative material.
- Evaluation reports on nutrient retention measures in Lielkrūzes farm and water quality monitoring for evaluation of the bottom dams in Vecauce farm.
- Establishment of demonstration sites in Valti farm to demonstrate various nutrient retention measures in beef farm (constructed wetland for purification of runoff from the farmyard and temporal wetlands in the pastures).
- Informative material about nutrient retention measures in agriculture “Vides risinājumi lauku saimniecībās – metodes un prakse vides ekoloģiskā stāvokļa uzlabošanā”.
1. Evaluation of nutrient retention measures in Lielkrūzes farm.
2. Investments to improve the nutrient management in Valti farm:
- Building of constructed wetland to retain the nutrients in the water leaving the farmyard.
- Renovation of 3 temporal wetlands that collect runoff from the pastures.
3. Monitoring of water quality to evaluate the impact of bottom dams in Vecauce farm.
4. Preparation and publishing of informative material about nutrient retention measures in agriculture.