Latvian Fund for Nature
Latvian Environmental Protection Fund, Ilūkste municipality
Natura 2000 site “Dviete floodplain”
|Project Contact Information|
Vīlandes 3-7, Rīga, LV-1010
|Project Home Page|
To evaluate the impact of habitat restoration and management actions of the LIFE+ project “Restoration of Corncrake habitats in Dviete floodplain Natura 2000 site” on the target species – the Corncrake –, and to ensure continuity of initiated management activities.
- Corncrake counts within the area of LIFE+ project (2010-2015) and in control routes;
- Grassland management by removing shoots and stumps, thus creating a basis for application for funding of the Rural Development Programme (RDP) for Latvia for these areas hereafter;
- Renovation of grazing enclosure in several sections;
- Organisation of a seminar with discussions in the field about agri-environmental payments for management of biologically valuable grasslands with participation of grassland habitat experts, representatives of the Rural Support Service and the land owners.
- Evaluation of Corncrake population in relation to the habitat restoration and management actions, implemented within the LIFE+ project “Restoration of Corncrake habitats in Dviete floodplain Natura 2000 site”;
- 24 ha of grasslands managed according to the needs of protected grassland birds;
- Grazing enclosure in a good technical condition;
- Conclusions/recommendations of the seminar for responsible authorities concerning potential amendments of the RDP and national regulations.
- The seminar “Experience and challenges in management of biologically valuable grasslands in the Dviete floodplain” on 6 July, 2016 at 10:00 in Bebrene.