13.04.2015. - 30.06.2016.
Latvian Fund for Nature
Latvijas Vides aizsardzības fonds, Krimuldas novada pašvaldība
Latvian Environmental Protection Fund, Krimulda Region Municipality
|Project Contact Information|
+371 6783 0999, +371 2610 2617
Vilandes Str. 3-7 Riga, LV-1010, Latvia
|Project Home Page|
The aim of the project is to develop a nature management plan for the specially protected nature site – nature monument “Ledurga Arboretum” in order to ensure protection of the arboretum and other nature values in the territory and to promote the usage of the territory for environmental education and recreation purposes.
- The development of a nature management plan, including the organization of needed meetings, informing and involving the land owners and institutions, preparation of the text and cartographic material for the plan, organization of public debates on the plan, coordination and submission of the plan to the Nature Conservation Agency.
- A dendrological survey of arboretum plants, an examination of the condition of trees, also a survey of species and habitats.
- The preparation of a geo database on the presence of protected species and habitats in the territory of the nature monument “Ledurga Arboretum” and submission of the database to the Nature Conservation Agency.
1. A dendrological survey of the nature monument has been carried out, a survey of habitats, plants, invertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, birds and bat species has also been carried out;
2. An inventory of the 280 oldest and most valuable trees from the dendrological point of view (a visual examination of the trees) in the nature monument territory has been carried out, the condition of the trees examined and recommendations for their care have been recommended;
3. The most urgent tasks needed to care for the trees have been carried out under the guidance of a dendrologist and landscape architect;